Media Relations Manager / Communications Manager
Temporary | £350 - £375 per day | London (All) | England | 12.07.18
Black Swan Group have been engaged to source for Communications Manager or Media Relations Manager.
This role is for a communications/PR generalist, who will help deliver the company's ambitious media relations, internal communications and social media goals. This person will work closely with executives and experts around the globe to realize media hooks and develop multimedia materials for external and internal channels.
This role will be paid on a daily rate for a 6 month period.
- Builds close relationships with key journalists across national, international and broadcast media, as well as the specialist financial trade press.
- Acts as a responsive first point of contact for in-bound and out-bound, day-to-day press engagement; arranges and staffs media meetings
- Proactively identifies upcoming news hooks from global organisation, crafting articles and commentary for external and internal channels
- Writes and oversees distribution of media announcements, as well as helping maintain targeted media distribution lists
- Supports delivery of events for media
- Active in social media
- Develops a vibrant calendar of internal communication activities, overseeing an active schedule of events and internal publications, supporting the delivery of Global Internal Communications plans.
- A track record of effective media relations 3+ years relevant experience since graduating - agency or in-house
- Proven intercultural skills and an international outlook
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, able to communicate ideas in different formats and situations for different audiences
- Strong news sense, and interest in social media
- Knowledge of financial topics desirable as well as interest in global current affairs
If you are interested in being considered for this interim opportunity please feel free to get in touch and send through an updated CV.